Farm Stewards offers design, planning and consultations in ecological restoration,sustainable farming, and land stewardship.
- Assessments of agricultural properties and operations in order to identify areas where ecological health and sustainability (ecological & economic) can be improved
- Comprehensive restoration, stewardship, and sustainable farming plans
- Specific designs and plans for hedgerows, insectaries and habitat borders
- Restoration and habitat enhancement plans for non-crop areas (creeks, ponds, roadsides, etc.)
- Plans for increasing crop diversity by adding annual or perennial crops (orchards, woodlots, culinary and medicinal herb gardens, cut flowers, vegetables
- Plans for integration of livestock (i.e. sheep, poultry)
- Soil improvement and non-chemical pest and invasive species management plans
- Plans for meeting certification requirements (organic, biodynamic, etc.)
- Monitoring reports and adaptive management plans for agricultural properties
- Public outreach highlighting sustainable farming practices (tours, classes or workshops, articles for wine club newsletters & websites, etc.)
Farm Stewards creates plans and designs for projects, and can also assist with the implementation of projects through plant acquisition, management of subcontractor labor, training of field or vineyard crews, and ongoing maintenance and monitoring reports. Farm Stewards can also assist landowners with completing paperwork for grant-funded projects (i.e. EQIP, WHIP) or interacting with public agencies or funders on behalf of the landowners (i.e. Resource Conservation Districts, NRCS staff).